INNOVATION, QUALITY & RESEARCH
Taking action on SDOH as levers to provide value to consumers and organizations
- Q&R’s SDOH working group is currently developing case study white papers that will offer actionable tools to address SDOH for population health professionals in the field. These will be distributed to all registrants of the 2020 Innovation Summit and Capitol Caucus.
- The 2019 Innovation Summit and Capitol Caucus, PHA’s premier annual event and member meeting was focused on promoting best practices, raising innovations, and looking ahead to 2020 for what is next on SDoH action. Watch the recording of last year’s Summit to hear our esteemed lineup of speakers tackle the intersection of Financial Insecurity and Population Health from every angle of the health care services ecosystem, leaving no stone unturned.
- Produced the eBook Social Determinants of Health and Health Disparities: Taking Action, which PHA is currently disseminating for use in higher education.
Please email us at email@example.com to join as we select our Quality and Research Committee priorities for 2020-2021.
Picture John Haughton, MD, Q&R Chair
Advance the impact of population health on overall value-quality, revenue and cost, member and provider satisfaction/loyalty and operational efficiency
- A PHA Panel presented The Role of Pop Health in Value-based Care at the 14th National Value-Based Payment and Pay for Performance Summit
- As part of an ongoing strategic alliance PHA hosted a webinar, co-presented with NCQA: Ensuring Quality in Population Health through Innovative Delivery Models, Standards and Metrics
- PHA developed a new Professional Membership category which was developed, in part, to attract those engaged on the delivery side of Value-Based-Care
Promote strategies to drive consumer engagement to optimize individual and population health
- As part of PHA’s Provider Engagement Initiative, Dr Randy Williams, Co-Founder of WellSaid.ai will be presenting a webinar “Giving Voice to Patient Engagement: Consumer Adoption of Smart Speaker Platforms and the Implications for Population Health” on September 4th, 2019
- PHA has partnered with the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors (NACDD) to create a pledge for the Population Health Management field to continue advancing the strategies and principles of the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program
Social Determinants of Health Initiative: research, white paper, eBook, and webinars
Mary Jane Osmick, MD Vice President and Medical Director American Specialty Health and Chair of the Quality and Research Committee led a focused effort on the very timely and important topic of Social Determinants of Health. Under her leadership, the group has reviewed hundreds of sources and has produced an extensive review and guide for action. A brief has been made available to the community at large, and PHA members receive the full compendium. Watch the webinars associated with this work here.
PHA & NCQA alliance to advance quality standards in Population Health Management
PHA also launched a strategic alliance with NCQA to advance quality standards in population health. Educational webinar sessions in December of 2017 entitled “Driving Quality through Population Health Management Strategies: An Overview of the PHA Framework and NCQA Accreditation Standards” were led by Tricia Barrett Vice President NCQA and Rose Maljanian Chairman and CEO HealthCAWS and PHA Board Chair and met with overwhelming demand. Peggy O’Kane President NCQA provided a keynote entitled “Driving Quality through Population Health Management- A Multi-Constituency Approach” at the PHA Forum 2018 in March. The NCQA guidelines will be made available courtesy to accreditation eligible PHA members. Listen to the webinar here.
PHM Measure Development
The employer dashboard covers 7 domains: organizational support, health impact, participation, satisfaction, financial outcomes, productivity and performance, and value on investment. PHA and HERO worked with 60+ volunteers from 40 member organizations and several subject matter experts to make the recommendations. More than 20 organizations have signed on as collaborators or endorsers.
For the past three years, PHA has partnered with Health Enhancement Research Organization (HERO) to identify and recommend measures and standards for the assessment of employee health management programs for the employer community.
Senior Health Initiative
PHA completed a Senior Health Initiative led by David Chess MD formerly Chief Medical Officer TripleCare and Rose Maljanian Chairman and CEO HealthCAWS and PHA Board Chair. The initiative provided a best practice review of issues facing seniors and solutions at each phase of the health and care continuum. The work resulted in a panel presentation at PHA Forum 2017 and a white paper and webinar educational session entitled “Population Health Management: Our Framework for Optimizing Senior Health Across the Continuum” released in November of 2017. Download our whitepaper here.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to join as we select our Quality and Research Committee priorities for 2019-2020.